Salam.Cikgu.Nama saya ***.tahun ni saya PMR. cikgu ajar di sma ya.saya pun brskolah di sekolah agama tetapi di klang,selgor.saya nak minta tlg cikgu.saya tak mahir sgt bercakap dan membuat essay dalam bhasa inggris.jdi saya nak minta tolong cikgu.saya duduk di kls yg prtama.tp saya takut gagal krana matapljaran b.inggeris.jd macam mana saya nak mngatasi bahasa inggeris saya.seumur hidup saya.dapat A dlm bahasa inggeris baru brapa kali.jadi saya takut saya tak boleh dpt straigt A's dlm PMR 2012 hanya kerana mtplajaran bi.tolong sgt2 cikgu.pra pmr bulan 3.apa-apa hal boleh tak cikgu e-mailkan ke ***@gmail.com atau sms di fb=***.sekian.wassalam.
Waalaikumussalam ***. I’m happy that you are interested in improving your English. There are a few tips to improve your English:
- Set a positive mind & attitude. This is the first and the most important step to be good at English. Anyone can improve their English if only they have a positive mind & attitude. You need to throw away your fear (like saying that you might fail in the examinations) and shyness to speak English. Being too scared and shy will not help improve your English. There's no shortcut to be fluent in English. Therefore, if you want to better your English, you need to set a positive attitude and have a strong ambition to achieve what you want.
- Speak English to friends and teachers. Speak English to friends who speak English or who would like to improve their English like you. It's okay to speak broken English at first. Speak English to your English teacher(s). Ask them questions in English. This will help build your confidence in communicating in English. The problem with Malay students is that they don't want to speak English with their English teachers even though some of them can write really well.You can also speak English at home.
- Read more English materials. Not only it is a great hobby, reading will also help you learn new words and interesting expressions in English which you can use to write your essay. Read what you like. Start with simple novels like "Mr Midnight". When I was a teenager, I loved to read books by "Enid Blyton". If you don't understand certain words, you can guess the meaning or refer to a dictionary. Make dictionary your best friend :)
- Write an essay a week. Write an essay based on a question. Get your teacher to check your work. If your teacher is free, you can kindly request her to mark your work on the spot so that you know the mistakes you have made and learn from them. Ask anything that you don't understand. Teachers love students who ask questions. I'm not sure of your English level (low or intermediate). If you like, you can also type your essay and email it to me so that I can check it for you :)
- Do fun activities to improve English. Watch your favourite English programmes/movies. Some programmes/movies come with English subtitles. You can listen to how words are pronounced and learn new vocabulary. Try watching the same programmes/movies the next time without the subtitles and see whether you can find out what the people are saying without the help of the subtitles. Listen to good English songs. Enjoy your favourite English songs and learn English words at the same time.
- Success takes time. Miracles can't happen overnight. Do not give up and do not pay attention to what people say. This is why you need to have a strong positive mind & attitude.
- YOU WILL NOT FAIL. Yes! If you have worked hard to better your English, you will not fail. If you strive for 'A' , you'll need to work harder. However, you need to bear in mind that you can't expect to improve your English in a short period. Let's say you always get a 'C' for English. After a lot of efforts, you get a 'B' in the next exam. This shows that you have improved! Keep up your hard work & efforts and you'll gradually improve, InsyaAllah.
These are some basic steps that you can do to help your English. I hope you'll try the above tips and tell me your experience. Always pray to Allah so that He opens our heart and mind to learn (terangkan hati). All the best :)